Monday, November 9, 2009

an independent coffee shop in towson, really? really!

For those unfamiliar with baltimore, Towson Maryland is on top of Baltimore. In theory it should be a university town, with towson university and all. But when I think university town I think independent coffee shops full of students and books and brooding. Instead Towson has starbucks and a fancy pants mall with a "luxery wing" (literally.) So Towson in my book is remarkably less cool than any other part of baltimore, basically all neighborhoods of which are really full of wonderful independent shops. When I need to exit my office to get work done (i do try to stay where there is nothing to spend money on and no cookies to tempt me but sometimes that just wont do) and i need a coffee shop I always head back to the lauraville spots. but on mondays red canoe is closed. and i come to my point: today I found a coffee shop in towson! apparently it has been here a whole year. Its cute. good soup. friendly barrista lady. books. art. outdoor seating. so far so good.
now to that work i came to do...
oh, its called the french press

No comments: