Friday, February 5, 2010

unexpected iphone side effect

I would have thought that all iphoners are constant web junkies. I would have thought that getting an iphone would have made me a facebookaholic and techaddict-head. The odd thing is that, now that I can check my email on a little phone, I do not turn my computer on so frequently. I glance through peoples' face updates on occasion. Sometimes iphone in an update myself. But reading web material on the phone for too long gives me a headache. So, I am not webbing as much anymore. My emails have become frequently short and misspelled as they are typed with my thumbs. That is one unfortunate consequence. But I do love many a thing about it. Many a thing. I am even dusting off the remnants of spanish in my head with a little app that I can play with when waiting in the car to pick up the intern for whom i wait in the hopkins loop just about all the time, for example. My daughter plays with a game where she picks out letters from the alphabet to applause. shes dang good at it for a not-yet-but-oh-so-soon-to-be-(!)-two-year-old.

Maybe this is why I have not had much to say on this piece of blogcanvas. I am not webbing so often. But I have been working. Writing. Yes, I have. Maybe thats the real reason. My words are going to conference papers about dependent variables on intergovernmental inclusiveness blah blah boring boring.

I do need a spark in life right now. Just a little oomph spark. This little spark-star on my wrist that has been there since my last birthday is suppost to shock me every once in a while when i need a spark. Shock! bam!
spark.

I am going to new orleans later this month. all by myself. and a zillion other international studies folk. and those who are still waking up from mardi gras. that will be a spark. maybe.

No comments: