Thursday, January 7, 2010

easing back in, and life from home with toddler

After my last post I neglected to jump start the "back to work" ethic that I portrayed. Still have not turned any attention to the d word. But, this is a month of full time momdom without someone to watch the zoester. So, although I manage to read novels and knit when I am home with Zoe, I do not manage to do anything too brain intensive. I know some stay at home parents can, but I think I am too lazy. But I do get to cuddle and play with an increasingly funny and sweet rapidly growing person. There is also the chance to observe tantrums and sit for years reading stories in the bathroom while she learns to potty - "yay I did it, I know I can!" she says and "I so proud of me!", both lines from one of our potty books. She also cheers for me when I successfully potty, gives me a hug and tells me shes "so proud of mommy!" So I do not need to do anything to intellectual to get positive affirmation in this household.
I have hesitated to write any blog posts. Thought the first one of the year should be something worthy. I had little of anything worthy to say. Today I might break the silence with some thoughts on living from scratch.

No comments: